Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Displaying the total number of records ....
Displaying the total number of records .... [message #81349] Fri, 07 February 2003 09:08 Go to next message
neel
Hi,

I am developing a form on Forms 6 and i want to display the total number of records found by a query.
Once i am in enter-query mode, i go to the empno column and type 00% and the key-Exeqry fires which executes the query but won't give me the total no. of records.

Declare
tot number(8);
Begin
select count(*) into tot from emp
where empno like ':&empno';
message('Number of records found:' ||(tot)); pause;
execute_query;
End;

I can do a next_record and move on to see rest of the records, but i want the user to know that there are total of 10 records before seeing the first one. Please let me know if anyone can help.

Thanks !!!
Re: Displaying the total number of records .... [message #81354 is a reply to message #81349] Sat, 08 February 2003 05:22 Go to previous message
Alamelu
hi Neel!!

1.u can get the Query hit for the block which will give u the number of records queried.
i.e
exceute_query;
count := get_block_property('block_name',query_hits);
message('number of record queried '||count);

this will give u the result..

2. In the block property, set the property "query_allowed_records" to "Yes"

When the queried record are displayed on the status bar u will current record/total records queried..
i.e if the total record queried is 100 and the cursor is on the first record it will display 1/100( 1 of 100 record).

All the best.

Regards.
Previous Topic: Insertion of Images in Oracle Forms4.5
Next Topic: Re: Closing A form without closing the app
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:43:16 CDT 2024