Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » New to Form Builder
New to Form Builder [message #81307] Mon, 03 February 2003 00:35 Go to next message
Arfat
Hi Evryone,
Any help from any one will be appriciated.
I am a VB Programmer but new to D2k.
I am practicing D2k forms 6i.
And trying to do things wat i am doing VB 6.
But things r too complicate.
Can any one help regarding this.
1. what will be the trigger used when a particular text box or item gets focus?
2. what will be the trigger used when a particular text box or item losses focus?
3. what will be the trigger used to set focus on a text field or item?
4. In VB for text box there is an event called keypress which returns keyascci. trapping this keyascii one can control that no char values get keyed in and only number is entered by the user. How this can be achieved in D2k Forms?

Over and above can anyone sugeest some documentation for form builder which is really ment for new user and take up to the extent of advance level. As i have document from oracle site but its not helping me.

Any Help is appriciated.

Thanx in advance
Re: New to Form Builder [message #81311 is a reply to message #81307] Mon, 03 February 2003 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnetic
1.when-new-item-instance
2.post-text-item or when-validate-item
3. go_item('Blockname.itemname') (this is built -in not a trigger)
4. in the post-text-item trigger you should check whether the value of a filed is a nummer:
if to_number(:item_name)>=0 or to_number(:item_name)<0 then null; -- message('field is number');
else message('field value is not a number');
pause;
raise_form_trigger_failure;
i think if there is a char in this field then the to_number-built-in woud raise a exception, so you need to add a exception part
exception
when others then
message('field value is not a number');
Re: New to Form Builder [message #81317 is a reply to message #81311] Mon, 03 February 2003 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arfat
Thanx a lot magnetic if its ur real name.
U have solved one part of my issue.
I will try out all this.
Thanx a lot again.
Do u have any soft copy of Developer Forms/Reports which can help.
If yes, then can u plz send me on following,
arf_chou@hotmail.com.
As I have already mentioned that i have docs from oracle site but its not helping me.
Thanx again!!! :)
Re: New to Form Builder [message #81326 is a reply to message #81317] Tue, 04 February 2003 12:14 Go to previous message
magnetic
you can download from otn.oracle.com developer programs but those are very big programs
and besides they wont work without a database.. you better find a skillful someone about otracle to fix it for you
Previous Topic: runtime module identification
Next Topic: listview in Oracle Forms 6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:23:24 CDT 2024