Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Connection problem of Forms6i and personal Oracle
Connection problem of Forms6i and personal Oracle [message #81240] Sat, 25 January 2003 01:34 Go to next message
Rd
Hi
I have installed forms6i and Personal Oracle 8.1.6 on my personal computer , I am unable to connect from D2k to Oracle,
I think its a common problem and I need to create some entry into TNSnames , but i don't know what IP address I should give in HOST for creating new service.
Every time I get the error message during connection.
Pls ask if you need more information.
Could anybody help on urgent basis.
Thanks a lot in advance.
RD
Re: Connection problem of Forms6i and personal Oracle [message #81244 is a reply to message #81240] Sun, 26 January 2003 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CreativePresence
I had a similar problem & fortunately as DBA at work was able to assist. Did you install oracle or dev. suite first? I installed oracle first & then forms & was getting tns errors when trying to complie a form. I solved it by copying the tnsnames.ora & sqlnet.ora from the oracle homenetworkadmin folder to the same folder in the dev. suite home, first renaming the sqlnet.ora in the dev. suite to sqlnet.old. once i had done this i was able to communicate with the dba. Hope this helps.
Re: Connection problem of Forms6i and personal Oracle [message #81254 is a reply to message #81240] Mon, 27 January 2003 04:05 Go to previous message
Rd
Thanks for the reply ...I did try by both ways ...first installed in one sequnce and then in another sequence after disinstalling both Oracle and Forms.But I never copied TNSNAMES.ora and SQLnet from Oracle to form6i files ...I will try this today since computer is at home and I am at work at present and let you know, anyway thanks a lot for your reply.
Cheers
RD
Previous Topic: ITS VERY VERY URGENT
Next Topic: how can we call oracle report in form 5.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:54:53 CDT 2024