Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How do I define local variables in Report Builder ?
How do I define local variables in Report Builder ? [message #81214] Thu, 23 January 2003 06:29 Go to next message
Robin
I need to define a number of local variables in my report. Those variables will be populated from the database, and used as labels in my report (need variables as the report handles multiple languages).

How (and where) do I define such variables?

All help is much appreciated!

/ Robin
Re: How do I define local variables in Report Builder ? [message #81225 is a reply to message #81214] Fri, 24 January 2003 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joyjeet
You can use user parameter as yr local variable. u can store the database values to individual parameter in any one of yr fiormula column.
Mind it, if nonoe of the user parameter is not accepted from parameter form, then report runtime expects every one of them to be supplied by user.
To get rid of it, use any dummy variable in yr parameter form, and report runtime will ask only that value from user.

JD.
Re: How do I define local variables in Report Builder ? [message #81350 is a reply to message #81225] Sat, 08 February 2003 00:21 Go to previous message
AMIT KARKHANIS
You can create a package spec and declare variables in it.U can use these variables.

Bye Amit
Previous Topic: REG WORKAREA IN DESIGNER 6i
Next Topic: Insertion of Images in Oracle Forms4.5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:17:02 CDT 2024