Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Commit From Forms
Commit From Forms [message #81157] Fri, 17 January 2003 17:06 Go to next message
Kumar
I am executing a package from the Forms. We have insert statements inside the package.The package does not contain commit statement.Can i commit the insert statements from the Form and if so how to do this since i dont have any blocks based on a table in the form.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Vinod
Re: Commit From Forms [message #81184 is a reply to message #81157] Tue, 21 January 2003 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joyjeet
u can execute commit statement in the form but ouside yr package,e.g from where u've called the package.
u may get an warning 'No changes to save..', since the form status will remain in 'query'/'new' mode, but recrds insenrted by package will be commited.
U can also suppress this message to make the :system.message_level := 25 in 'When-New-Form-Instance' trigger.

JD.
Re: Commit From Forms [message #83816 is a reply to message #81184] Mon, 15 December 2003 03:52 Go to previous message
Joyjeet
Hi,

I have problem with my form, the form status is always in the Query mode.. instead i have changed something in the first block, but when i made certain changes in the second block of the form, the form staus changed to CHANGED. So it gets saved and displayes the message 1 record applies and saved. But when I made changes in the first block it is giving me message No changes to save, but actually it is saving. In the first block there are check boxes and not database item. In the ckeck boxes data populated when I press one button. In that button some select statements are written. When i check or uncheck the check box i am firing when checkox changed trigger.
In that trigger i m updating the table.

Please sugest me something...

its very urgent...

thanks and regards

Ajit N.
Previous Topic: very urgent:display form b based on the record selected on form a
Next Topic: Oracle/D2K setup problem in network system.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:33:29 CDT 2024