Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms tricky task.
Forms tricky task. [message #80840] Wed, 04 December 2002 05:25 Go to next message
migan foo
hi,
I have at least 300 recently converted (from 4.5) v6 forms. For each form we have to load into Builder reduce Width and Height size of root window by 2 (sometimes 3 or more) to ged rid of x and y scroll bars which are produced as a result of batch converion and ALSO change window title to v.6.

Surely guys there must be a way of automating this task for each form. My mind is in slow decay.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks
Migan foo
Re: Forms tricky task. [message #80844 is a reply to message #80840] Wed, 04 December 2002 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Mueller
Of course there is. You can use the Oracle Open Forms API to automated this task and change all your 300 modules in less than 15 minutes.

The API is exposed to C/C++ and on otn.oracle.com you can download the documentation (not that good documentation, but it will get you started) ... have search for "launchpad" under the Forms6i openness category.

Alternativly, if C++ is not your thing than have a look at www.orcl-toolbox.com and download FormsAPI Master. With this tool you can program the API in a script language very similar to PL/SQL.

Cheers, Stefan
Re: Forms tricky task. [message #80847 is a reply to message #80844] Thu, 05 December 2002 08:39 Go to previous message
Thanks Stefan. Cheers. A
ta.
Previous Topic: OS User and WHEN-MOUSE trigger
Next Topic: urgently help required please
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:25:57 CDT 2024