Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle8i and Forms6i issue
Oracle8i and Forms6i issue [message #80839] Wed, 04 December 2002 01:48 Go to next message
Melissa Young
Hi there!

For the past 2 days, I've been trying to get Oracle8i and Forms6i to work together, but alas something is going wrong somewhere.

I installed Forms6i first and then Oracle8i. SQL PLus works perfectly, but when I try to connect to a database via Forms6i, it gives me a TNS error, even though I've got a working database!

Could someone please help me on this issue. Better still could someone guide me step by step on getting these Oracle8i and Forms6i to work together!

Thanks,

Have a nice day!
Melissa
Re: Oracle8i and Forms6i issue [message #80843 is a reply to message #80839] Wed, 04 December 2002 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HoMmEr
You must copy the references to your database from the tnsnames.ora that is in
"c:oracleorahome81networkadmin" (i think) (search for it), the reference will be like

"your database" =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = computer1)(PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = "yourdb".world)
)
)

You must copy this reference to the file named tnsnames.ora but this one will be in one directory of forms, dev6i(for me). And that's all you must do.

Let me know if this helps.

Excuse me for my bad Englishˇˇˇ

;) lesesigu@hotmail.com
Re: Oracle8i and Forms6i issue [message #80849 is a reply to message #80839] Thu, 05 December 2002 09:19 Go to previous message
Kent Kvarfordt
Melissa,

I am currently using Oracle8i and Forms6i on a windows box so the following steps may be a little different for you if you are on a different platform.

1. Make sure your OracleHome is pointing to your forms installation directory (All Programs->Oracle Installation Products->Home Selector)

2. Setup a Service using the Oracle Net8 Easy Config. Either a local or tcp service should work. (All Programs->Oracle for Windows NT-OraFormsHome60->Oracle Net8 Easy Config)

3. Startup Oracle Forms Builder and connect to the datbase. For the 'database' field on the connect dialog, use the service name configured in step 2.

Good luck,
Kent
Previous Topic: urgently help required please
Next Topic: i need to know how can i get dinamic hour
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:46:47 CDT 2024