Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Designer 9i
Designer 9i [message #80836] Tue, 03 December 2002 00:31 Go to next message
Ashish Shah
I have installed 9i developer version in Ora_Dis home, in whihc 9i enterprise version is installed.
I have created one service called o9 tested successfully.
When I run Report Builder and connect to Database using userid system and Password Manager and service o9, it is getting connected.
Now when I open designer 9i, it asks for username and password and when I supply system/manager@o9, it says ORA-12254 - Unable to connect to TNS...
In the same home Report builder is getting connected but with the same TNSNAMES.ORA designer is not getting connected. What could be the problem, please suggest me.

Best Reagrds

Ashish Shah
www.geocities.com/pinkashi
+919820580815
Re: Designer 9i [message #80862 is a reply to message #80836] Mon, 09 December 2002 07:40 Go to previous message
rouf akhand
Do not try to use Oracle Designer with the user name system or sys. Create a new user name and then try connecting with that user.After you get connected you need to use the Repository Administartion Utility to create a Repository , Grant certain privileges and roles to that user before succesfully using oracle designer. Follow the installation Guide!
I hope it is of some use
Rouf
Previous Topic: Selecting multiple values from LOV
Next Topic: non database item in a database block.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:52:46 CDT 2024