Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » getting column name from text item
getting column name from text item [message #80790] Fri, 22 November 2002 14:58 Go to next message
Tyler
Hello All...

Problem here... I have a whole bunch of text items that I am looping through and trying to get the COLUMN_NAME of each text item...
Normally one would use - GET_ITEM_PROPERTY(s_block_item,COLUMN_NAME); RIGHT!
But... this isn't working for some reason. The text items originally started out as database fields by default, but I didn't think that I wanted them as database fields so I changed the DATABASE_ITEM property to 'NO', but then I realized that they should be, thus changed them back. Now for some odd reason when I use the following code, I get a null value for the column_name, even though the property database_item is set to 'YES' and the actual column_name in the property pallette of the text item does have the proper column name in it!! Suggestions?

declare
s_db_columnNm varchar2(100);
s_block_item varchar2(100);
begin

s_block_item := 'malig_abstract_edit.loc_at_diag';
s_db_columnNm := GET_ITEM_PROPERTY(s_block_item,COLUMN_NAME);

message('column name = '||s_db_columnNm);

end;
Re: getting column name from text item [message #80809 is a reply to message #80790] Wed, 27 November 2002 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Victoria
Hi,
you can use
var_name = name_in(text_box name);

Tx
V
Re: getting column name from text item [message #80819 is a reply to message #80790] Sat, 30 November 2002 00:37 Go to previous message
Anirudh Sharma
Refresh the block and it should work
Previous Topic: List item very urgent
Next Topic: XP Compatibility
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 20:54:28 CDT 2024