Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » GO_BLOCK in WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger ...
GO_BLOCK in WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger ... [message #80744] Thu, 14 November 2002 22:29 Go to next message
Hien Chung
Hope someone could help me solve the problem. Thanks.

I have a GO_BLOCK('ABC') in my when-validate-item trigger. This is a restricted package procedure so I am getting an error message like 'Illegal restricted procedure .....'. But this is what I want my WVI trigger to do.

The code looks like

IF X = 5 THEN
GO_BLOCK('ABC');
ELSE
DO SOMETHING ELSE;
END IF;

I tried these two steps below:

1/ I tried to catch the error in ON-ERROR trigger.
IF ERRNUM = 40737 THEN NULL;

It does suppress the error message; however, it does not put the cursor to the block ABC, rather,it puts the cursor to the next item in the same block.

2/ In the exception handler of the when-validate-item trigger, I have

exception
when form_trigger_failure then
raise;
when others then
null;
end;

It still does not solve the problem.
Re: GO_BLOCK in WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger ... [message #80745 is a reply to message #80744] Thu, 14 November 2002 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Balamurugan.R
Hai,

We can't use go_block in When_validate trigger,

instead u use the condition in key_next item.

With Regards,
Balamurugan.R
Re: GO_BLOCK in WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger ... [message #80747 is a reply to message #80744] Fri, 15 November 2002 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hien Chung
Hi

Thanks for your reply. But the problem is key-next-item will not fire when you use the mouse to navigate out of the item. This is exactly what I am trying to solve. I am converting the character based application to GUI version. In the old version, they put all the navigational logic in key-next-item because there is no mouse navigation. Now, when converting I have to account for mouse navigation too. When-validate-item trigger will fire whether you use the mouse or the keyboard to navigate out of the item.
Re: GO_BLOCK in WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger ... [message #80750 is a reply to message #80744] Fri, 15 November 2002 14:16 Go to previous message
fokker
This is not always good, and can sometimes lead to other problems, but you can always create a timer to execute code that is "restricted". Basically, you create a timer, that you fire off instead of the Go_Block procedure. In the WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED Trigger, you check the name of the timer, and if the timer is the one you are expecting, you can execute all the restricted procedures you want.
Previous Topic: Where to find 'Oracle SCM Repository installation guide'
Next Topic: trigger ? Forms 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:48:44 CDT 2024