Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » multiple forms applikation
multiple forms applikation [message #80710] Wed, 06 November 2002 04:08 Go to next message
youssef
hello, I would like to have into a multiple form application a master detail relationship between the parent mask(forms-module) and their kinder_masken(forms-moduls). if the user on new data records into the parent_maske anstoest then the child masks about this change to be informed and their data also update .
with to open to be supposed the child masks the info. over lastly current data record with hilde the function: procedure initial_child is begin frau_item.husbendid: = execute_query; end; the function gets one parent_id and is one looks for to implement
can me someone help
tank you
Re: multiple forms applikation [message #80712 is a reply to message #80710] Wed, 06 November 2002 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sethunath
Hello,

Though your problem is not so clear as with the language, I think this can be soloved as follows.

Do you mean to create an automatic Master-Detail relationship with two blocks? If yes, then don't worry. It's Built in Forms. You don't have to write a single line of script for that. Create the master block first. Then Create a detail block.
Note. There should be a primary key in master block and a foreign key in detail block with the same date type.

Then.. if you created the master detail relationships in the table level itself, then, you can build the master detail relationship when you create the detail block. Go to Master/Detail tab and select the master blcok. and press OK. That's all

Sencondly if you didn't create in table level then in master block go to relations and create NEW. then select the MASTER and DETAIL blocks and a name for the RELATION. then in the Join condition, give the condition as MASTER_BLOCK.COLUMN=DETAIL_BLOCK.COLUMN
and press OK.(where MASTER_BLOCK.COLUMN is the primary key in MASTER_BLOCK and DETAIL_BLOCK.COLOUMN is the foreign key to MASTER_BLOCK.COLUMN)
This will create all necessary scripts for the auto populating and validations.
Re: multiple forms applikation [message #80716 is a reply to message #80712] Thu, 07 November 2002 00:53 Go to previous message
youssef
hello and thanks for your answer. I would like a relation between two form modules and not between two blocken.ich have two masks: the parent mask shows all data records of table of name parent(parent_id<pk >, parent_name, parent_vorname). this mask has button name child them the child mask is opened, and it shows data records of another table of name child(child_id, parent_id<sk >, child_name). Relation 1--n between the two tablellen. if the child mask is opened, only the data records may be shown by table the child with clausel: parent_id=parent.last_current_parent:id. if changes the actuelle data records, I it store I it and give that to control to the child mask .this must then be updated and new data records shown. I hope: the problem became clear now.
Previous Topic: ICONS are not displaying in FORMS 6i
Next Topic: Generic FileOpener Procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:49:17 CDT 2024