Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Passing Parameters
Passing Parameters [message #80657] Mon, 28 October 2002 06:01 Go to next message
Jo
Hi,
I think I must be stupid or something, 'cos I can't work out what to do despite all the help available on this forum.

I have a form set up to show the profile of all students (reg_no, surname, module_id, exam_mark etc..).
I have created a menu that will call this form, but that is not good enough.

I need to create a password that will call that particulr students personal profile only.

Eg. If Scott's typed in his password, it would give him his own personal profile, and no-one elses. Simarly, if Mary typed in her password, only her profile would be available to her.

I have managed to set up the password facility correctly, but I just need to set he trigger to only produce the required data.

Please help....I really need step by step instructions.

Many thanks
Re: Passing Parameters [message #80659 is a reply to message #80657] Mon, 28 October 2002 06:40 Go to previous message
Julie
Why don't you try setting the where clause of the destination block (with set_item_property), then do a go_block and an execute_query.
Or, you could have a hidden item in the main block that was the student id, populate it when they enter their password, then create the master detail relationship based on a that column join, then you'd just do a populate_details.
Previous Topic: Re: How to create Microsoft calender control for Oracle(form4.5)
Next Topic: Creating User from FORMS !!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 03:56:16 CDT 2024