Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » D2K connectivity problem with oracle 8i
D2K connectivity problem with oracle 8i [message #80655] Sun, 27 October 2002 23:36 Go to next message
gaurav behl
hi oracle fans,
i have oracle 8i and D2k installed on windows advanced server 2000. i am able to connect to sql*plus with all the users - (system/manager, sys/change_on_install, internal/oracle and scott/tiger). but when i start oracle form builder and try to connect it to oracle, i get following 2 messages.

1) when i just enter the user name and password and do not enter the database name the i get the following error ---- ORA 03121 : no interface driver connected- function not performed.------

2) when i enter the database name also along with the user name and password then i get the following error----ORA - 12154: TNS could not resolve the service name.-

kindly help me.
thanx
gaurav.
Re: D2K connectivity problem with oracle 8i [message #80660 is a reply to message #80655] Mon, 28 October 2002 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zaire
Check your tnsnames.ora file and make sure you have your db name in there. Also check if your listener.ora file has the db name in there. But the TNS could not resolve service name is usually because the db is not in the tnsnames.ora file. Make sure the tnsnames files in both NetworkAdmin and Net80Admin have the db name.
Re: D2K connectivity problem with oracle 8i [message #81334 is a reply to message #80655] Wed, 05 February 2003 04:32 Go to previous message
Vijay R K
Check entries in TNSNAMES.ORA file in your ORANT folder whether the connect string is correctly mentioned there...
Previous Topic: win_api_dialog
Next Topic: Default_where property in data block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:02:21 CDT 2024