Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Replace Menu Problem
Replace Menu Problem [message #80654] Sun, 27 October 2002 21:12 Go to next message
Rahul
Dear All

I have a form to which a menu is attached. Access to the menu is controlled by the role of the user that is currently connected.

I am using a custom logon form where the user enters his or her username, password, and connect string.

I then call LOGON (username, password|| ‘@’ || connect_string).

When I use the command GET_APPLICATION_PROPERTY (username), it returns the correct username.

However, the menu does not recognize the user, which means that the menu items that the user is supposed to have access to are

not enabled. I have tried using REPLACE_MENU after the login without success.

What can I do?

Regards

Rahul
Re: Replace Menu Problem [message #80680 is a reply to message #80654] Thu, 31 October 2002 00:49 Go to previous message
yram
hello

is what u r looking for having a opening screen, then user screen asking for the password (at this time menu must not be displayed) where us the menu must be displayed only after the user enter the correct user name and password.

what is suggest is instead of make of the reaplace try with using the set_menu_property it is having a visible property.

if is this not working do mail me.

if i can help u out.
regards
yram
Previous Topic: calendar class
Next Topic: Any Help Pls, Its Urgent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 01:28:14 CDT 2024