Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Master-Detail Relationship in Forms
Master-Detail Relationship in Forms [message #80377] Sun, 15 September 2002 17:41 Go to next message
Susane
hi all,
I have a master detail relationship data block
Can you help me controlled not to display the confirmation of commit message "Do you want to save changes you made". This always happens when i close the window or form even if i dont have changes made in
the record. Can anyone give me a sort of advise.

thanks
Re: Master-Detail Relationship in Forms [message #80379 is a reply to message #80377] Sun, 15 September 2002 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vikas
It seems ur forms status is changed when u r navigating between records either in master or detail block.pl. check in post query or per-update of both blocks.

regards
vikas
Re:sameer's reply Master-Detail Relationship in Forms [message #80381 is a reply to message #80377] Sun, 15 September 2002 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Susane
hi
thank you very much for the idea but i already put it in key exit trigger but it doesnt work still the message display. Even only i open the form then exit
no navigation to item or data block. Why is it happen?
Please help me....
Re:sameer's reply Master-Detail Relationship in Forms [message #80383 is a reply to message #80377] Mon, 16 September 2002 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sameer
if ur using execute_query in the form startup then check if u may be modifying fields in the postquery trigger if ur using it.Or check if ur makin any use of these built-ins like create_record,next_record,delete_record during form startup.
Sameer's reply Master-Detail Relationship in Forms [message #80388 is a reply to message #80383] Mon, 16 September 2002 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Susane
sameer,

hi! when i call or open the form i issued in When-new-form-instance an execute_query so the master and detail block are automatically display and data are synchronized. Is that the reason why is it happen? Also in post query trigger i used unbound item to display the description of the codes but this item is not a database item. Maybe ur right that upon exit the program check the status of the datablock. What other way i can eliminate this? thank you for giving me your time and i really appreciate that.

best regards,

susane
Re: Sameer's reply Master-Detail Relationship in Forms [message #80391 is a reply to message #80388] Tue, 17 September 2002 00:08 Go to previous message
Sameer
One way is in Key-Exit trigger write
exit_form(no_validate);
Or
Check whether ur unbound items r having initial values and ru changing them in Post-Query
Previous Topic: Form not opening in module
Next Topic: Saving detail form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:00:50 CDT 2024