Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Saving detail form
Saving detail form [message #80320] Mon, 09 September 2002 07:04 Go to next message
chhan
Dear All,

i have created a form/subform called customer (main Form) and orders (subform), i have placed a save button in the subform which when press, will only save the subform.

At the moment, when user press the save button, it will save everything (main form as well as subform).

Does anyone know how to write a code that will only save the subform and not the main form?

Also i like to have a button called 'NEW ORDER', which when press will clear the subform but not the main form. How do i do this?

Thank you in advance.

Chhan
Re: Saving detail form [message #80370 is a reply to message #80320] Sat, 14 September 2002 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sameer
Wat do u mean by mainform and subform.R u calling the subform thru the mainform or they r two windows in the same form.Give in details wat exactly is the situation.
Re: Saving detail form [message #80393 is a reply to message #80370] Tue, 17 September 2002 03:17 Go to previous message
chhan
Thanks for getting back to me.

At the moment, my form consist of the following fields:

IN MAIN FORM (CUSTOMER):
customer_id, firstname,lastname

IN SUBFORM (ORDER):
Order_id, Stock_id, Order_desc

There's a LOV which allow user to select customer name, this then populate the main form and subform. User can then make changes to their orders(subform) and press save, which will save ONLY the subform(ORDER).

My problem is trying to write a code for the save button, which will ONLY save the subform(ORDER). At the moment its saving main form as well as sub form which is not what i wanted.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

chhan
Previous Topic: Master-Detail Relationship in Forms
Next Topic: Anchoring footer text
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:21:55 CDT 2024