Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms/Reports Source Code Export
Forms/Reports Source Code Export [message #80310] Thu, 05 September 2002 09:54 Go to next message
mongo
Does anyone know if Oracle can export Forms or Reports modules into text files (not just the program units but the whole form or report module itself)? Or if there is a tool that can do this. We're merely interested in lines of code count for code metrics. Thanks for any help.
Re: Forms/Reports Source Code Export [message #80318 is a reply to message #80310] Sun, 08 September 2002 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan
FormsAPI Master from www.orcl-toolbox.com ships with a script called appstatistic.p2s which extract all kind of such statistics (number of sourcelines, blocks, items, etc).
Re: Forms/Reports Source Code Export [message #80325 is a reply to message #80310] Mon, 09 September 2002 21:03 Go to previous message
gary
Possibly. It depends what version of Forms you are talking about.

Forms 3.0 just had a text version of the source (INP)
Forms 4.0 had a Forms document facility which didn't work (didn't include progam units), though these could be extracted from an FMT
Forms 4.5 had a Forms document which worked
Forms 5.0 went back to the non-working Forms document (renaming it the object list report)
Forms 6.0 and 6i seem to be okay (there's a command line parameter forms_doc=yes for the generate program)

Don't know about 9i.
Previous Topic: Changing connection in SQL*Plus
Next Topic: Installing Form 6i and Forms 4.5 on the same Machine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:09:54 CDT 2024