Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Forms 6i Runtime
Oracle Forms 6i Runtime [message #80250] Thu, 29 August 2002 11:05 Go to next message
Salto
Is there an Oracle Forms 6i runtime that is distributed to the clients desktop (Win98/NT/2000).

If there is not a runtime, how does anyone use forms that were developed? Give them a copy of the developer ?

What oracle distribution would the runtime for oracle forms 6i be on ?

Please let me know.
Re: Oracle Forms 6i Runtime [message #80262 is a reply to message #80250] Fri, 30 August 2002 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Javelin
Oracle Forms Runtime comes on the product distribution CD for Oracle Forms/Reports

Developers install the products they require.
For clients, each product (Forms, Reports, Graphics) has a Runtime version that must be installed on the Client's PC along with the executable Form/Reports?Graphics modules.

Following is a 3 step procedure to install Forms and Reports 6i on the Client's PC....

1. Using the Forms/Reports Oracle CD:
- load the CD into the CD-unit (and Oracle Installer launches)
- when prompted, enter an Oracle_Home and directory where to load Oracle Forms Runtime
- When the installer displays the products to install, select Oracle Forms. Click on the + to expand the Oracle Forms product
- In the expansion look for Oracle Forms Runtime and click on it. This is the only product you will need to select as Oracle will load all dependent (additionally required) products) with the Runtime product.
- Click on Install... Oracle Forms Runtime will install

2. Modify the Registry
- Left click on Start and then Run
- Enter regedit
- Expand the HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
- Expand SOFTWARE
- Go down to Oracle and click on it
- Look for FORMS60_PATH and click on the icon
- add in the directory where the Forms executable (.fmx) modules reside and clck OK when done
- close the Registry window... no need to reboot the machine

3. Create the directory to hold the Forms runtime executables (.fmx and .mmx modules). Copy all the Forms files (.fmx and .mmx) into this directory.
Create a desktop icon and set the target to launch the Forms 60 runtime using the Start Form (.fmx) in the specified directory. For example:
C:ORANTBINifrun60.EXE c:app1modulesstart_form.fmx

Hope this helps
John
Re: Oracle Forms 6i Runtime [message #80284 is a reply to message #80262] Tue, 03 September 2002 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Salto
Hi

The forms and reports 6i disc that I have has the
following options.

Oracle Forms Developer
Oracle Forms Server
Oracle Reports Developer
Oracle Reports Server

Oracle Developer
Typical
Custom
Does not display runtime option where +is for forms 6.0.8.11.3. In the products box it displays the entire forms package will be installed. I tested this and its correct, development is installed.

This is the same for the server option.

What oracle part # CD do I need to load the runtime from.
Re: Oracle Forms 6i Runtime [message #83472 is a reply to message #80262] Tue, 14 October 2003 15:14 Go to previous message
rik butcher
is it possible to install forms runtime software on a machine that already has oracle 8.1.6 client installed.
how do you get these two to occupy the same drive??
Previous Topic: Help for Change V2-Style to PLSQL Trigger after upgrade the SQLForms Version 2.0.21 to Form 4.5.7.1.
Next Topic: not able to set margine in oracle report and how to use printer file (prt file)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:46:43 CDT 2024