Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » List of Values in form
List of Values in form [message #80105] Mon, 12 August 2002 04:16 Go to next message
chhan
Hi All,

Does anyone know how to create LOV in a form, i want to create a LOV which when i select a record, it will display the selected record in the master block, which will also display information belonging to the selected record in the detail block. e.g if i select a customer name in the LOV, this is what i want to happen:

1 IN THE MASTER BLOCK: display customer name and id.
2 IN THE DETAIL BLOCK: display order made by that customer (cust can and do have more than 1 order).

At the moment, i can only get it to display 1 order in the detail block, even though the customer have 3-4 orders.

Please help if you can.

Thanks

Chhan
Re: List of Values in form [message #80115 is a reply to message #80105] Mon, 12 August 2002 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tejpal Saraswat
Hi Chan
how to create is very simple and I hope u've already created the LOV,
ur 1st case u want to display Name and ID of customer so just enter the Select Statement when u create ur LOV and correctly assign the returned items from LOV.

and for 2nd case just use a simple trick , select the data from orders and set the condition in ur LOV query like Orders.CustomerID = Master_block.Customerid -> ( Assuming the column names) , it will display the only orders made by the customer u have selected from LOV.

best regds
Tej.
Re: List of Values in form [message #80117 is a reply to message #80105] Tue, 13 August 2002 03:14 Go to previous message
chhan
Hi Tej.

Thanks for ur reply, i'm new to form and i'm not quite sure i understand how to follow your 2nd instruction.

I have created one LOV to do case1 and it works like a dream (it returns cust id and name).

but for the case2, do i use the same LOV to display orders or creates another LOV? or do i write a POST-CHANGE TRIGGER in the LOV txtbox? (i've written POST-CHANGE TRIGGER in LOV txtbox but got no output, so do know why).

Thanks very much for your help.

Chhan
Previous Topic: Re: FRM 40737 - Illegal restricted procedure
Next Topic: calling reports from forms6.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:20:37 CDT 2024