Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » text item validation
text item validation [message #79968] Tue, 30 July 2002 05:15 Go to next message
Victoria
Hi,
i have few text items and save button in my form.
The first text item is primary key item.

If I want to correct any of the fields associated with particular key,the first text item(key for which the correction to be made in the database)should be entered by the user.

So while entering the user should not be allowed to enter non existing value for that key field.for that i have wrritten enough code in when-validate-item trigger of that text item.

but the prob is even after entering non existing value in the key field,if the user enters some value in other text items by clicking mouse pointer there,upon click of save button the correction( i mean here insertion of new record due to non existant key is taking place).

Can any one tell me how to avoid this by setting any property of that key text item,
so that the focus should not be getting shifted from that item, until otherwise existing value is entered on that field by the user?

Thanks in advance
victoria
Re: text item validation [message #79969 is a reply to message #79968] Tue, 30 July 2002 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Subhash
r u raising 'Form_Trigger_Failure' if the user enters a non existing value ?
Re: text item validation [message #79972 is a reply to message #79968] Tue, 30 July 2002 06:16 Go to previous message
Victoria
No am not using it as i dont know abt it...
thanks
vic
Previous Topic: Re: calling a report from forms
Next Topic: *** Running Report from a report ***
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:10:44 CDT 2024