Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » using some variable name in path while calling reports/forms.
using some variable name in path while calling reports/forms. [message #79967] Tue, 30 July 2002 04:07 Go to next message
Rajeev Katyal
we are using D2k forms 4.5 and reports 2.5

usually while calling reports/forms from menu(.mmb files)
we provide absolute paths
e.g.
run_product(reports,'c:allreport123.rep',asynchronous......)

in above case the path becomes fixed.
i.e. we need to keep above file(report123.rep) in "c:all" folder always, otherwise the system won't pick it.

now i want to give the user some kind of flexibility.
i.e. the user should decide where all of the above files will reside in c:all folder or some other folder.The user should be able to specify the path in some file or otherwise

is it possible ?
pls let me know

kind Regards,
Rajeev Katyal
Re: using some variable name in path while calling reports/forms. [message #79977 is a reply to message #79967] Tue, 30 July 2002 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shilpa
Ask the user to enter the directory where the reports are located. Copy the value into a global variable and use that variable in the run_product statement.

For eg:
:Global.Reportpath := 'c:all';

run_product(reports,:Global.Reportpath||'report123.rep',asynchronous......);
Re: using some variable name in path while calling reports/forms. [message #79981 is a reply to message #79967] Tue, 30 July 2002 22:51 Go to previous message
Rajeev Katyal
hey ! , as per this , the user will have to provide the path everytime. what i want is the user should provide it only once and should change it when there is change in path.
can we read the contents of a file , instead of using global variable, the user can specify the path in some file.??

Pls help me.

Regards,
Rajeev katyal
Previous Topic: *** Running Report from a report ***
Next Topic: Pro*c compilation on Turbo c
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:20:04 CDT 2024