Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Query for reports not distinct enough
Query for reports not distinct enough [message #79922] Thu, 25 July 2002 15:41 Go to next message
Tyler
hello again,

I have this select statement populating a report

select distinct splr_business_name "Your Organization",locn_civic_address_1||', '||
locn_civic_address_2||', '||locn_civic_address_3 "Mailing Address",
cmty_name "City",locn_civic_postal_code "Postal Code",tele_type||' - '||tele_number,
splr_contact_name "Contact"
from supplier,location,supplier_location,location_community,community,telecommunication
where splr_code = spll_splr_code and spll_locn_code = locn_code and locn_code
= locc_locn_code and locc_cmty_code = cmty_code and splr_code = tele_splr_code
and splr_code = :p_splr_code;

The problem is that I get all of the necessary info from the select statement, but I get all of it twice because there is two "tele_type||' - '||tele_number" related to the passed code, so in the report it is bringing all of the information up twice but the second instance just has a different tele number, but all of the other info is exactly the same as first, is there any way to do a 'break' on a line so that it gives the record, but in that tele column, it gives two records, but not all of the other records again?
Re: Query for reports not distinct enough [message #79923 is a reply to message #79922] Fri, 26 July 2002 01:02 Go to previous message
nik
Hi tyler,
yep there sure is,
Presumably you are talking about Reports, yeah. Well if so thats all you have to do is 'DRAG' the fields that produce the duplicate data out of the 'Group' eg.G1, G2 etc.... to create a new G(num) 'BOX' and leave the unique col(the fields that are only different) in the group you have dragged all dup fields from. This should help U. Have I clarified enough ?
n
Previous Topic: Re: free material for oracle and developer2000
Next Topic: Forms 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 07:53:33 CDT 2024