Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms 6i, having text items not displayed
Forms 6i, having text items not displayed [message #79902] Tue, 23 July 2002 01:34 Go to next message
Liisa
Hello,

I have a text item and depending on the value of this text item, I wish to have some other text items not displayed.

I'm using when-validate-record to do this :

if :my_block.text_item1 = '1' then
set_item_property (:my_block.text_item2, displayed, property_false);
end if;

I have no problem when I'm creating the frist record but when I wish to create a new record, I don't know how to clear the block and have all the items displayed again. The message I'm getting is that there is no navigable items in the block.

I have the same problem when querying records. The first one works fine (using when-new-record-instance with the same set_item_property instruction) but I get the same message when I want to see the next record.

Do you have any solution?
This is urgent.
Thanks a lot.

Liisa
Re: Forms 6i, having text items not displayed [message #79903 is a reply to message #79902] Tue, 23 July 2002 03:48 Go to previous message
N
hi,

well you could try this. For the first part of your question.
A.

1. to clear block use "clear_block;"
2. you need to set NAVIGABLE to true for one of your text items. eg. Go_block('block');
execute_query;
before it can go to a block, an item must be navigable within that block, otherwise forms has "nowhere to go".

B. Create a prog unit based on your code above;
reference this in a POST_QUERY trigger;

hope this helps you as bit.

n,
Previous Topic: Change color
Next Topic: Re: Insert in forms4.5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:41:21 CDT 2024