Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » reports:table name generated at runtime
reports:table name generated at runtime [message #79883] Sun, 21 July 2002 09:49 Go to next message
AD
i have one bill table for each month like "bill0402"for month 04(april) and 02(for year 2002)"..........i pass 04(month) and 02(year) as a parmeter.....and onthe basis of these parameter i want to fatch the from table "bill0402" .......so every time table name should be change........but how can i wirte the generateble table name
if i write
select * from 'bill'||param1||param2 it will give error3........how can solve this prob to generate the table name and fatch the from that table
ad
Re: reports:table name generated at runtime [message #79884 is a reply to message #79883] Sun, 21 July 2002 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remash
Hi
Where do you want to fetch the data? In the SQL or inside form? If inside form, make a block for this table and set the block properties DML_DATA_TARGET_NAME and QUERY_DATA_SOURCE_NAME to the table name you make and execute_query. To view the data in SQL then you need to write a database function.

Regards
Re: reports:table name generated at runtime [message #79889 is a reply to message #79883] Sun, 21 July 2002 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
katharina
Hi ad !

Try it using the forms_ddl procedure. I had a similar problem to solve, but in my case the condition (where) was a parameter.

forms_ddl('select * from bill'||param1||param2);

Be careful with the single quotation mark. The select statements in brackets _must not_ have semicolon at the end.

hope this helps

greetz
kat
Re: reports:table name generated at runtime [message #79911 is a reply to message #79884] Wed, 24 July 2002 07:40 Go to previous message
AD
hi all!!!!!!!!
i want to display the data in reports.......
i have bill table for each month .......so i want to pass month and year as a parameter reports should be fatch the data on the basis of parameter i pass.......query should be select * from bill||parameter1||parameter2 like but it gives error when i try to write this query in query
section.so plz suggest me how can i change the name of the table on the basis of parameter passed in reports....
Ad
Previous Topic: Re: How to set the Label of a Display item (Text Label)Programmatically did not solve
Next Topic: Re: connect item to DB manually
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:15:24 CDT 2024