Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » D2k questions
D2k questions [message #79853] Thu, 18 July 2002 07:58 Go to next message
Pradeep
hi all,

These q's were asked to me recently and I wasn't able to ans them upto the satisfaction of my interviewer. can someone clear my concepts :

1. what is the sequence in which the triggers are fired on a form assuming that all the types of triggers are being put on it.

2. another similar question: Assuming we have a shortcut for a from on the desktop, then when the user clicks on it, then after checking the username and password, tell the first three triggers that would fire.

3. Assuming there are 2 seperate forms and on clicking a button (through mouse) in 1st form one is able to open other form. then what would be the first trigger that would fire on opening the 2nd form.

In all these cases would the order of firing of triggers be different or same, if same then why?

4. Assuming we have a trigger at the form level, block level and the item level then in this case we want to change the default order of firing of triggers, how can it be achieved?

Thanks and regards
Pradeep
Re: D2k questions [message #79937 is a reply to message #79853] Fri, 26 July 2002 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob H
The following is paraphrased from Albert Lulushi's
"Oracle Developer/2000 Forms, The Practitioner's Guide", pp 586-587, 1999 Prentice Hall.
It is an excellant reference book.
The Form processes events based upon the hierarchy of objects.
For example, a button is pressed
If an trigger event like when-button-pressed exists it will process the instructions
If none it moves up to the block level.
If none it moves up to the form level.
Basically, from the bottom up of the hierarchy.
The default order of triggers can be over-ridden by altering the setting of the property Execution Hierarchy.
Re: D2k questions [message #79948 is a reply to message #79853] Sat, 27 July 2002 20:58 Go to previous message
Pradeep
Thanks Bob,

" default order of triggers can be over-ridden by altering the setting of the property Execution Hierarchy "

could please explain a little bit more as how I can do this

Thanks
Pradeep
Previous Topic: how to retrieve the working days ?
Next Topic: (Reports)-to change the layout at runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:23:25 CDT 2024