Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » FRM-40600: Record has already been inserted.
FRM-40600: Record has already been inserted. [message #79749] Mon, 08 July 2002 08:51 Go to next message
Tyler
Hello All,

My problem is the FRM-40600: Record has already been inserted, error. I have a form with all database text items on it. All I am doing in the 'SAVE' button, is commit_form;. Then I receive this error... anyone know how to avoid this???

Thanks,

~ T ~
Re: FRM-40600: Record has already been inserted. [message #79750 is a reply to message #79749] Mon, 08 July 2002 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I.Nirmala
Atleast make one of the item on your Form the database item.I think all your items are just temporary text fields and your copying the values to the database columns.
So, atleast make one of the field which accepts the input from the User and not into one of the temporary text fields.

Hope this solves your problem
Re: FRM-40600: Record has already been inserted. [message #79814 is a reply to message #79749] Tue, 16 July 2002 04:24 Go to previous message
Sarfraz Khan
As my knowledge, i have also seen this message occuring in my forms. On investigation i knew
that the sequence numbers are not going properly.
it mostly happens when you generate sequence numbers through tables not through oracle's own create sequence comamnd. when a sequence number is already inserted and you try to insert the new recored with the same sequence number this message issued to user. so please check again if the sequence number is again comming in the the data entry form.
Previous Topic: list item- Form Builder 6.0
Next Topic: Disabling menu....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 09:02:34 CDT 2024