Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » summing contents of a text item in a multi-record block
summing contents of a text item in a multi-record block [message #79722] Thu, 04 July 2002 23:00 Go to next message
Stephen Ayuga
I have created a master-detail form for order processing. In the detail block there is an multi-record text-item (amount). I want to create a text item on a control block to calculate the total of the multi-record text-item (amount). Do i use a when-validate-trigger and what kind of code should i include in the trigger?
Re: summing contents of a text item in a multi-record block [message #79723 is a reply to message #79722] Thu, 04 July 2002 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ravi
Forms has in built utility for this.
set the Calculation mode property of the item to Summary, then select the summary function, summarized block. For more details on this see the help.

let me know if this works
Re: summing contents of a text item in a multi-record block [message #79830 is a reply to message #79722] Wed, 17 July 2002 01:34 Go to previous message
Shahid Nadeem
Create another text item in the same block and set number of item displayed property to 1. then set calaculation mode propety of this item to summary. and give summary funtion summarized block and item. I hope this will solve ur problem
Previous Topic: By passing the When-validate-item instance
Next Topic: Exchenge From Oracle Database & Lotus-1-2-3(2.0)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:53:06 CDT 2024