Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » CREATE USER -- when - button - pressed
CREATE USER -- when - button - pressed [message #79613] Wed, 26 June 2002 14:50 Go to next message
Tyler
Hello All,

I'm having a bit of an issue with creating a user with a button. I have to have an admin form where a privleged user can create a user. There is a text box for user name and a text box for pwd. Behinde the save button I have this...

BEGIN

IF :GLOBAL.V_MODE = 'ADD' THEN

CREATE USER :USER_NAME;

ELSIF

:PWD IS NOT NULL THEN
CREATE USER :USER_NAME IDENTIFIED BY :PWD;

END IF;

IF :GLOBAL.V_MODE = 'EDIT' THEN

ALTER USER :USER_NAME
IDENTIFIED BY :PWD;

END IF;

:GLOBAL.V_MODE := NULL;
END;

I get an error though as soon as it hits 'create'.

Encountered the symbol CREATE when expecting begin,declare,goto.....

Can you not do this behinde a button, I've never done it before, but I NEED to accomplish this... please help

~T~
Re: CREATE USER -- when - button - pressed [message #79614 is a reply to message #79613] Wed, 26 June 2002 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Subhash
Hi,
Use Forms_Ddl for creating and altering
Forms_ddl('CREATE USER '||:USER_NAME||' IDENTIFIED BY '||:PWD);
Forms_Ddl('ALTER USER '||:USER_NAME||
' IDENTIFIED BY '||:PWD);

Regards
Re: CREATE USER -- when - button - pressed [message #79619 is a reply to message #79613] Thu, 27 June 2002 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tyler
Hello, thanx for replying... it still doesn't seem to be working... it's not erroring, but not completing what I tell it to do either. Following is my DELETE button (delete role)...

BEGIN

FORMS_DDL('DROP ROLE'||:GROUP_NAME);
--IMPLICIT COMMIT

end;

--this won't drop the role
FIGURED IT OUT [message #79621 is a reply to message #79613] Thu, 27 June 2002 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tyler
Disregard my last post, I realized that there was a space lacking in the drop clause...

thanx much,

T
Re: CREATE USER -- when - button - pressed [message #79622 is a reply to message #79613] Thu, 27 June 2002 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Kuhlmann
Of course there is a space missing try this
BEGIN

FORMS_DDL('DROP ROLE '|| :GROUP_NAME);
--IMPLICIT COMMIT

end;
Re: FIGURED IT OUT [message #79625 is a reply to message #79621] Thu, 27 June 2002 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Subhash
Hi ,

If form_failure then
Message(dbms_error_text);
End If;

If u specify this after ur code u can find the Oracle error ,when ur statement fails..
:)

Regards
Re: FIGURED IT OUT [message #80095 is a reply to message #79621] Sun, 11 August 2002 01:24 Go to previous message
Unchained
I figured it out ...the reason why everyone has a lock on their minds......to stop progress...the reason behind it all the answer to the question it self...........imagination is the key..but we need eachother to figure it out...like a combination lock ..only the combination is infinate ...like the number of people.....infinately many and more are to come with more answers to the next character in the combination....but the thing that stil remains is that why is the knowledge hidden from us..or even worse is earth isnt the origination of our species and thats the reason why we cant find the answer tho the questions that we have desperately tried to find..man is the only animal that doesnt seem to have a place on this planet.......................the answer wont startle you .....the question will..if u figure it out..................
Previous Topic: Installation Problem.....
Next Topic: Forms6i Installation - Deploying Oracle Forms over the Web
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:24:20 CDT 2024