Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How do I change the 'Value' of a radio group button
How do I change the 'Value' of a radio group button [message #79595] Mon, 24 June 2002 11:07 Go to next message
Eric Bender
I can't find a SET_RADIO_BUTTON_PROPERTY ability that will do this, yet it seems like changing the 'value' property of an item would be extremely useful/necessary in many cases. How do I do it? Thanks!

Eric
Re: How do I change the 'Value' of a radio group button [message #79596 is a reply to message #79595] Mon, 24 June 2002 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tyler
You've set the database item as radio group obviously and then you create however many radio buttons underneath. Each radio button has a value...

ie.
radio_group...
radio_button_1 value is set to '1' in property pallette.
radio_button_2 value is set to '2' in property pallette.

thus if the radio button matches the value in the database, that radio button will be selected when you execute. When you change the radio button to another by clicking it, the database will change with that changed radio button. Your asking how to change the value... there is no set_radio_button_property, all you have to do is say...

:radio_group := 1;

or

:radio_group := 2

and the radio button will be changed to the equivalent value...

I hope this is what you were looking for!

T
Re: How do I change the 'Value' of a radio group button [message #79600 is a reply to message #79595] Tue, 25 June 2002 05:21 Go to previous message
Eric Bender
Well I mean more programaticly. For instance, if in a new-record instance trigger, if I wanted the values that will be associated with the radio buttons to be dynamic and set them differently foir each new record, how can I store a value in them through code? I know I can set them staticly through the property palette, but I really need to be able to have them change according to record values. Any ideas?

Eric
Previous Topic: problems in menu
Next Topic: Re: free material for oracle8i and developer 2000
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 23:00:10 CDT 2024