Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Reg clear block
Reg clear block [message #79582] Mon, 24 June 2002 00:31 Go to next message
mani
hai...
i have one text box and one data base block in my form.

whenever the value changes in the text box i have to clear the block .....i cant use clear_block(no_validate) inside when-validate-item of that text box....
even if use timer, when-timer-expired trigger will be used only in the form level so if i use clear_block there it will clear current block....but i dont want to clear that block(block in which the text box is present)....

can any one suggest me how to get rid of my prob???
Thanks in advance
Mani
Re: Reg clear block [message #79587 is a reply to message #79582] Mon, 24 June 2002 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Subhash
In timer expired trigger u can specify the block to be cleared..!!!!!
Go_Block(block_name);
Clear_Block(No_Validate);
Re: Reg clear block [message #79590 is a reply to message #79587] Mon, 24 June 2002 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mani
subhash...
i have used that only....but the problem is the block is fully disabled...so when i use this go_block command,it is giving no navigational item in the destibnation block.......after that its clearing the current block.....

i have written my code like this in when-timer-expired trigger....

GO_BLOCK('TTN_DATA');
FIRST_RECORD;
CLEAR_RECORD;
LOOP
NEXT_RECORD;
CLEAR_RECORD;
IF :SYSTEM.LAST_RECORD = 'TRUE' THEN
EXIT;
END IF;
END LOOP;
Re: Reg clear block [message #79592 is a reply to message #79587] Mon, 24 June 2002 04:30 Go to previous message
Subhash
Ya..u must have atleast one item which is enabled and navigable for doing so. Do one thing..Make one item enabled before navigating to the block and again disable it after clearing and comin back to the previous block..:)
Previous Topic: is it possible to query a database using forms_dll???
Next Topic: unable to update a record
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:10:39 CDT 2024