Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » To change expired password through Forms
To change expired password through Forms [message #79523] Wed, 19 June 2002 10:53 Go to next message
Swamy
Hi,
I am using Forms 6i. I created initial login forms and I created a form for changing the password whenever the user desires. It works fine. Also I can able to trap errors like password expired. Is there any way I can invoke default Oracle change password screen when the password expires. I read someone’s code in Pro C to change password by accessing the database with expired password and the command used in Pro C is as below.

EXEC SQL CONNECT :user IDENTIFIED BY :oldpass USING :connectstr ALTER AUTHORIZATION :newpass

Is there any way without using Pro C. I appreciate in advance for your help.
Re: To change expired password through Forms [message #79528 is a reply to message #79523] Wed, 19 June 2002 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Subhash
Try this

logon(:user,:oldpas,:connectstr,false);
If not form_success then
Forms_ddl('alter user '(:user||' identified by '||:newpas);
End If;

Regards
Re: To change expired password through Forms [message #79557 is a reply to message #79523] Fri, 21 June 2002 05:36 Go to previous message
Swamy
Hi Subhash,
Thanks for your reply. But my situation is dealing with expired passwords. You said about the change of password. To change password we can use "ALTER USER username IDENTIFIED BY newpassword". But for expired password we need to login to Oracle to use "CONNECT username IDENTIFIED BY oldpassword USING connectstring ALTER AUTHORIZATION newpassword". To go with this we need to write a Pro*C procedure. I know this one, but I don't know how to write and where to compile this one. I am looking for alternative. In this situation, at SQL*Plus, we will get a dialogue box prompting for oldpassword, newpassword and retypenewpassword. I am looking for how can we get this dialogue box in Forms. If not any other solution other than writting code in PRO*C as I don't know where & how to write PRO*C. Please help me.
Previous Topic: About forms 6i
Next Topic: Re: changing the label of Buttons inside data base blocks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:46:24 CDT 2024