Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Getting the position of the prompt in a TextItem
Getting the position of the prompt in a TextItem [message #79449] Tue, 11 June 2002 07:59 Go to next message
Dorian Rovira Hernández
Hopping you can help me, how do I get the position of the prompt in a TextItem ?
Re: Getting the position of the prompt in a TextItem [message #79450 is a reply to message #79449] Tue, 11 June 2002 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rosey
Use the GET_ITEM_PROPERTY built-in. You will have to use this a couple of times depending on how much information you need. The following parameters should get you going:

PROMPT_ALIGNMENT_OFFSET Returns the distance between the item and its prompt as a VARCHAR2 value.

PROMPT_EDGE Returns a value that indicates which edge the item’s prompt is attached to, either START, END, TOP, or BOTTOM.

PROMPT_EDGE_ALIGNMENT Returns a value that indicates which edge the item’s prompt is aligned to, either START, END, or CENTER.

PROMPT_EDGE_OFFSET Returns the distance between the item and its prompt as a VARCHAR2 value.

PROMPT_TEXT_ALIGNMENT Returns a value that indicates how the prompt is justified, either START, LEFT, RIGHT, CENTER, or END.

Hope that helps,
Rosey
Re: Getting the position of the prompt in a TextItem [message #79459 is a reply to message #79449] Tue, 11 June 2002 20:11 Go to previous message
Dorian Rovira
Rosey, thank you very much, your information helped me a lot.
Previous Topic: forms 6i Book
Next Topic: Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:17:36 CDT 2024