Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Exit form doesn't work. Please help.
Exit form doesn't work. Please help. [message #79436] Mon, 10 June 2002 14:29 Go to next message
Ram S
Hi, I am using Forms 5.0 on Windows 2000 Platform. In a Button block, I have two buttons save and exit. The exit button is working fine in the middle of entering records, but it's not working when there is no data in any fields in the first block. I have tried key_exit at form level and also, exit_form(no_validate). This is making the button useless after the user succesfully enters some records and wants to quit the application. Now they are forced to use the window close button on top.

Also, when I click the window close button, I am getting a message "Close this form?". How can I suppress this?
I am using system.message_level := 20 in the pre_form trigger.

Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA.

Ram S.
Re: Exit form doesn't work. Please help. [message #79442 is a reply to message #79436] Mon, 10 June 2002 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remash
Hi

This is because the 'Required' property of the first field is set to 'Yes'. You cannot move to another field without inputting a data in this field. Make the 'Required' property (under Data) to 'No'.

Regards
Re: Exit form doesn't work. Please help. [message #79446 is a reply to message #79442] Tue, 11 June 2002 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ram S.
Remash, Thanks for your reply. The required property is set to No for all the items in that block. However, the first field is the primary key of the table. That is causing the problem. I made the database item property to No and primary key property to No and tried to generate. But I got an error saying that there should be a primary key column for the block. Please help. TIA.
Re: Exit form doesn't work. Please help. [message #79461 is a reply to message #79446] Tue, 11 June 2002 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remash
Hi Ram
Make another block say CONTROL and move the buttons 'EXIT', 'UPDATE' etc. to this block. This will work.

Regards
Re: Exit form doesn't work. Please help. [message #79480 is a reply to message #79446] Thu, 13 June 2002 08:12 Go to previous message
Ram S.
Those two buttons were in a separate block. But I found the solution to the problem. The property Mouse Navigate should be set to No. Thanks for your replies.
I have another issue in which I need your help. When I click the exit button, a "Close this form?" window is popping up. How to suppress this? I set the SYSTEM.MESSGAE_LEVEL to 20. Please help.

With Regards,
Ram S.
Previous Topic: Re: Very Urgent : Problem in Deleting List elements of null value from List Item
Next Topic: CALL_FORM.....takes a long time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:23:37 CDT 2024