Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to send the output of a report to excel ?
How to send the output of a report to excel ? [message #79382] Wed, 05 June 2002 02:08 Go to next message
UMA MAHESWARA RAO
Hello friends,

Is there any way to see my data output of reports3.0 in an excel sheet?Kindly help me out of this.

Thanks in advance
uma
Re: How to send the output of a report to excel ? [message #79383 is a reply to message #79382] Wed, 05 June 2002 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alka
Hi

for this you have to make the report in character mode, do print to file and save the output. open the text file in excel, with 'all files', you can arrange the data columns in excel columns and then save it as an excel file.

this is the long but only route.

alka
Re: How to send the output of a report to excel ? [message #79414 is a reply to message #79382] Fri, 07 June 2002 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swamy
In the Report's object navigator, write a Program unit by calling built-in TEXT_IO package. In the program unit write the same querry that you are using for the report.
declare file handle like below
out_file Text_IO.File_Type;
in the begin section open the file as excel like below
out_file := Text_IO.Fopen('filename.xls', 'w');

After completing the program unit, call this one in the report trigger. Even you can give the full path name of the file.
I did many times in my previous jobs and it worked fine.
Re: How to send the output of a report to excel ? [message #82027 is a reply to message #79382] Sat, 12 April 2003 04:34 Go to previous message
Rajeev
I am afraid that this is not the only route. There r several ways n means to get a report output in excel. First off course is Text Output (delimited with comma) format. U can use the DESFORMAT = DELIMITED, DESNAME=report.xls and use CHAR(9) as TAB DElimiter.

Second is to USE DESFORMAT=DELIMITEDDATA

Thirdly, u can save a report in HTML format with DESFORMAT=HTML, DESNAME=report.xls, as Excel can open HTML files and it handles them well.

fourthly, U can create a EXCEL Template and use its headers into the Repeating Frames into the HTML template. This way u can have a nicely formatted Excel Sheet but its the most tedious and needs some jugglary.

Rest, I am not sure of more methods but keeping my channels open for anything extra.

HTH

Previous Topic: commit twice in one trigger
Next Topic: Problems Printing with Graphics Builder, Please Help!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 23:49:40 CDT 2024