Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms 6i - master detail issues
Forms 6i - master detail issues [message #79310] Thu, 23 May 2002 09:12 Go to next message
rosey
hello,

I am creating my first application in forms and am having some difficulty with respect to the master-detail items.

What I'm doing:
I am creating a search capability, where if someone enters in either a course code or partial title, a detail block is populated with the information keyed in as the search criteria.

My problem:
say for example there are 2 courses called: Vegetarian Cooking 1, and Vegetarian Cooking 2. The user enters in 'Cooking' as a search criteria. Instead of displayin all results at once, i am shown the details of the 'vegetarian cooking 1' course but must click on the button to display the next set of records.

I would like all of the records to be displayed at once.

Can anyone help me?
Re: Forms 6i - master detail issues [message #79311 is a reply to message #79310] Thu, 23 May 2002 10:29 Go to previous message
Tyler
Hi,

I have a suggestion, there is an easy way to solve this problem.

Instead of using Master Detail, you should do a text box that the user can enter 'Cooking' and then a search button. Also have a poplist or Tlist below to populate the 'many' of cooking, the list will populate with all the records 'like upper('%COOKING%') when the search button is pressed. Doing this will allow the user to select what they want from the list and then on the list make a 'when-list-changed' trigger to populate the records below that based off what they chose.

This may require some coding, but in the end it will be worth it. (my suggestion anyway, I hope it helps).

T
Previous Topic: Best Book for Oracle Architecture / DBA.
Next Topic: Re: WebDB Listener
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 19:13:45 CDT 2024