Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » technical problem with LOV
technical problem with LOV [message #79256] Mon, 20 May 2002 07:23 Go to next message
nik
Hi all, (Welcome back mr.tripathy !)

I have a base table block which contains two base fields. The block is query only and update is not permitted (Update block property is false). My problem is that I have an lov on these fields and when I activate my LOV and select a value it is unable to change the value of the fields because of Updateable false (block level) I think. The following frm applies - FRM-41050 You cannot update this record.

I realise that it is probably the block property, but I do not want to change updateable to true, because that is not what I want. Do you have any ideas or a workaround for this. Pressing F7 (enter-query) clears the form and my LOV works fine, but it is not tidy to enter-query and then LOV.
---------------
2. On someone else suggestion I tried setting block property (Updateable to true) this is the only way around I think, now I get FRM-40501 Cannot reserve record for update.

Any other ideas pleeze?

thanx
n.

Thankx.
nik
Re: technical problem with LOV [message #79259 is a reply to message #79256] Mon, 20 May 2002 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luc
Hi, have you tried setting your block property (Updateable to true) behind your mouse-pressed or mouse-entered trigger of your textfield?

greetz.
Re: technical problem with LOV [message #79261 is a reply to message #79259] Mon, 20 May 2002 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luc
hi, I don't think that I quiet understand your prob. Have you inserted that LOV for quick search your database or do you have other textfields on your block that aren't allowed to be updated but those two textfields are?
Re: technical problem with LOV [message #79288 is a reply to message #79256] Wed, 22 May 2002 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pratap kumar tripathy
1. set the block update allowed property to TRUE.
2. in the block level trigger ON-UPDATE and ON-INSERT write this code

begin
null;
end ;

i think this will solve the problem.lov will be allowed as the update-allowed=true

but the default processing for update of the specified block will be ignored as u have overwritten it.

cheers
pratap
Re: technical problem with LOV [message #81715 is a reply to message #79256] Fri, 14 March 2003 00:33 Go to previous message
jr
Hi

I've got also the same problem of block update property and i've tried to set the Update_allowed as 'True' and include null in on-insert and on-update triggers of the block, but the problem didn't solved yet.

Is there any other solution available ???

Thnkx in advance
Previous Topic: very need a help with insert on child table
Next Topic: FRM-90928
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:07:05 CDT 2024