Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Re: Eliminating client runtime using Oracle forms 6i
Re: Eliminating client runtime using Oracle forms 6i [message #79229] Wed, 15 May 2002 21:00 Go to next message
M. Ganesh Kumar
Susan,

Thanks for your detailed reply ...

Can u elaborate on the deployment part using web browser ? I am still not clear whether I need or don't need a web server software because what I am looking for is to have just Oracle 6i forms server in a central windows NT based server in LAN/WAN and configure just that to enable clients to connect to the Oracle forms 6i application (residing again in that Windows NT server) using web browser and most importantly, without any client runtime ..

Can you kindly clarify ?

Best regards
Ganesh
Re: Eliminating client runtime using Oracle forms 6i [message #79235 is a reply to message #79229] Thu, 16 May 2002 10:05 Go to previous message
Susan
Ganesh:

regarding deployment of Forms application with web browser:

I wasn't 100% sure about how this works so I asked our DBA (I design the forms, she deploys them). here is what we came up with:

You would require Oracle web server software (we have Oracle 9i Application Server with Forms Server installed), Forms Developer (to develop the GUI and derive an .FMB file...we are using Oracle Forms 6.0)

Forms Server uses a very small applet to read the .FMX file (compiled .FMB)which can be viewed in a browser.

There is no conversion of the .FMX required. Simply copy it to your web server (our own directory is /oracle/806/forms60)

The user doesn't require client runtime because they can connect to the Forms Server through their browser (the applet understands how to read the .FMX).

Hope this helps.

Susan.
Previous Topic: Changing Fr.Ground & Bk.Ground Color of Push Button
Next Topic: reg: File Path
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:36:31 CDT 2024