Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » CREATING USER IN ORACLE DATABASE
CREATING USER IN ORACLE DATABASE [message #79012] Sat, 13 April 2002 17:54 Go to next message
ADEOYE SOLARIN
I JUST CREATED A USER ON MY DATABASE AND I GRANTED THE USER ALL THE NECESSARY PRIVILEGES,BUT THE USER CAN NOT VIES ANY TABLE IN MY DATABASE. I WONDER WHAT WAS WROMG SINCE I HAVE GRANTED THE USER ALL THE NECESSARY PRIVILEGES.HE CAN NEITHER VIES NOR DESCRIBE A TABLE. THE ERROR HE KEPS GRTTING IS TABLE OR VIEW DOES NOT EXIST.WHAT CAN I DO FOR THIS USER.
Re: CREATING USER IN ORACLE DATABASE [message #79014 is a reply to message #79012] Sun, 14 April 2002 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Kuhlmann
Hey,

grand him the privilege select any table to select all tabels or views in the database, and/or select the tabel or view like this "select * from otheruser.tablename"
Re: CREATING USER IN ORACLE DATABASE [message #80524 is a reply to message #79012] Tue, 08 October 2002 04:21 Go to previous message
PRAMOD DIKSHIT
HOW TO CREATE A PROCEDURE OR FUNCTION TO CREATE USER BY GIVING ARGUNENT NAME AND PASSWD AND THEN CALL THIS PROCEDURE OR FUNCTION IN FORM6I
Previous Topic: When I need a ":" in a SQL statment?
Next Topic: TEXT_IO can't read very long lines
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:35:27 CDT 2024