Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » *** Problem SET_ITEM_PROPERTY ***
*** Problem SET_ITEM_PROPERTY *** [message #78663] Fri, 08 March 2002 21:28 Go to next message
Robin
Dear Experts,
How can I change Database item property in runtime ? I want to change DATABASE ITEM property of a text item to 'NO' in runtime. How possible ? I tried by set_item_property but don't know what I should give in parameter i.e set_item_property('Stud_id',??,??).
Pls help

Thanks
Robin
Re: *** Problem SET_ITEM_PROPERTY *** [message #78683 is a reply to message #78663] Mon, 11 March 2002 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pratap kumar tripathy
u can't. there is no such property provided by set_item_property built-in
Re: *** Problem SET_ITEM_PROPERTY *** [message #78702 is a reply to message #78683] Mon, 11 March 2002 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rama krishna
hi
u can set the update_allowed property of that item, so that now that item acts as a normal text item.

set_item_property('item_name',update_allowed,property_false)...

hope this will work for u...

cheers
ram
Re: *** Problem SET_ITEM_PROPERTY *** [message #79213 is a reply to message #78702] Wed, 15 May 2002 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jimmy
Hi!
I try to change background color programmatically using set_item_property('item_name',background_color,'red'); and it's not
working with any kind of triggers: mouse_enter, mouse_click, or....

Can you help me?

Thanks,
Re: *** Problem SET_ITEM_PROPERTY *** [message #79277 is a reply to message #78663] Tue, 21 May 2002 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Narjes .s.s
hi sir ,
i have problem with set item property , that i want to hide the items when no records had been entered to the database , the question is where i have to put the trigger & if i have a block named (' school') & item in the same block called ('boys') how can i do it using oracel form builder ,,
finally i'll be happy if u'll reply me tomorrow ,
with whole respect i say bye
Re: *** Problem SET_ITEM_PROPERTY *** [message #79279 is a reply to message #79277] Tue, 21 May 2002 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remash
You will be knowing the condition when you want to hide the item, for example if you have a field say MALEFEMALE and the user input the value 'F' then you need to hide item BOYS. In a trigger raised by that condition, say KEY-NEXT-ITEM or WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM, add the following statement
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('BOYS',Visible,Property_False);
To make it appear again use
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('BOYS',Visible,Property_True);
To make it enabled and navigable then use
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('BOYS',Enabled,Property_True);
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('BOYS',Navigable,Property_True);

Hope this is the answer you are looking for.

Regards
Re: *** Problem SET_ITEM_PROPERTY *** [message #80153 is a reply to message #78702] Thu, 15 August 2002 19:17 Go to previous message
LALA
Hi there, i just wanted to know, if somebody here can help me, can I change Text item background color during runtime and only when data is updated
Previous Topic: triggers for buttons
Next Topic: How do i show data from a table in a block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 11:13:12 CDT 2024