Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Alerts showing before rows are bounced to screen.....
Alerts showing before rows are bounced to screen..... [message #78450] Mon, 25 February 2002 07:20 Go to next message
nik
I am showing an alert in a key-nxt-item in 4.5, here is my code;

declare

alert_button number;

begin

validate_referral;
next_block;
execute_query;
next_block;
execute_query;
go_item('entry_blk.referral_id');

fire_al; /* here i call procedure which invokes an alert */

----------------------------
But it SEEMS to call the alert before the execute queries even though call to fire_al is after next_block, execute_queries. In my alert I ask user whether details are correct, but even though the form has executed the query it only populates the fields on the screen AFTER acknowledging the alerts. This seems strange to me. Generally i am asking user to confirm details that are not showing on screen. If i insert a PAUSE; before FIRE_AL, then rows are retrieved before alert is shown, which is exactly what I want. Hope this seems clear i would like to send a screenshot to clarify...... any ideas anyone please?

end;
Re: Alerts showing before rows are bounced to screen..... [message #78475 is a reply to message #78450] Tue, 26 February 2002 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pratap kumar tripathy
try adding "synchronize;" before call to alert. it should fix ur problem
pratap kumar tripathy [message #78481 is a reply to message #78475] Tue, 26 February 2002 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pratap kumar tripathy,
pratap kumar tripathy,
yep it sure does, it suddenly dawned on me this morning, thank you for confirming my
answer.

kind regards pratap kumar tripathy
nik.
Re: Alerts showing before rows are bounced to screen..... [message #78482 is a reply to message #78475] Tue, 26 February 2002 02:51 Go to previous message
nik to pratap kumar tripa
thanx for alert_id info also.

nik.
Previous Topic: how to run static reports
Next Topic: inserting data in tabular form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 21:35:19 CDT 2024