Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Forms 6i Button Trigger
Oracle Forms 6i Button Trigger [message #78432] Sun, 24 February 2002 23:42 Go to next message
Greg Horton
Hi guys, ive just joined the forum and havent used one before - so please forgive me if i do anything wrong.

Im currently developing an Oracle form to do some basic datamining and have the following questions:

I have a button on one of my canvas's and when pressed i need it to:
1) Execute a SQL statement (possibly stored in a procedure) to populate a cursor.
2) Populate a designated block with the contents of this newly filled cursor.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I have basic knowledge of forms and a reasonable understanding of oracle and pl/sql, so please be gentle with the level of techiness in your reply!!

Cheers, Greg
Re: Oracle Forms 6i Button Trigger [message #78449 is a reply to message #78432] Mon, 25 February 2002 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tamim
Hi,

Well, I could help you in designing what you mentioned, if you could email me the details, I would be glad to help in whatever way I can.

Regards
Tamim
tamim13@yahoo.com
Re: Oracle Forms 6i Button Trigger [message #78452 is a reply to message #78432] Mon, 25 February 2002 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tamim
Hi,

Well, I could help you in designing what you mentioned, if you could email me the details, I would be glad to help in whatever way I can.

Regards
Tamim
tamim13@yahoo.com
Re: Oracle Forms 6i Button Trigger [message #81651 is a reply to message #78432] Sat, 08 March 2003 11:55 Go to previous message
nisha
hi,
can u tell me how could i issue DDL commands from a button click.
i wrote a when-button-pressed trigger, having a statement like this.

declare
sqltext varchar2 (100);

begin
sqltext = 'CREATE TABLE EMP AS SELECT * FROM CUSTOMERS';
execute immediate (sqltext);

commit;
end;

this wasnt working... something wrong with the execute statement. Or else am i wrong at all?
Previous Topic: Database Roles...
Next Topic: Re: Create sequence
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:11:15 CDT 2024