Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem in run_product
Problem in run_product [message #78406] Wed, 20 February 2002 18:32 Go to next message
rohitmohindru
Hi,
I am facing a problem in running any report
(Reports 3.0) in my application when another
application (Financial System (FS) application)
is running on my system.
My application is on Developer 2000 (Forms 5.0 and Reports 3.0/Oracle 8.1.7)and the other FS application
is on Visual Basic 6.0. So, till only my application is
running on my PC, there is no problem in printing any report (.rep) from any form(.fmx). But, as soon as i open the FS application and try printing any report (.rep), my Developer 2000 application hangs and i am not able to proceed further. No report is printed, even the Report Background Engine also does not open. Now, if i close the other Visual Basic application, my Developer 2000 application comes out of hang and the report starts getting printed.
I tried looking for the reason to the problem, but came to know only that it was run_product command which was not able to execute till the time the FS application was open.
Example of run_product command being used to call reports :-
run_product(reports, 'XXXXXXXX', synchronous, runtime, filesystem, pl_id, null);
where 'XXXXXXXX' is the name of the report and 'pl_id' is the parameter list being passed to the report.

Is there any compatibility issue or some other problem?

Regards,
Rohit Mohindru
Re: Problem in run_product [message #78430 is a reply to message #78406] Sun, 24 February 2002 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tamim
I'm not sure, if this will work, but did you try using the 'Asynchronous' parameter instead of synchronous.

Regards
Tamim
Re: Problem in run_product [message #78459 is a reply to message #78430] Mon, 25 February 2002 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tamim
Hi Tamim,
I have tried using "Asynchronous" parameter also, but it does not work. But, I found a solution for my problem. Actually, the Visual Basic 6 application was using ODBC, I tried using ADO instead and it worked. I guess the ODBC and D2K reports use some similar Windows libraries due to which this problem occured. Can you please tell me why it worked with ADO and did not work with ODBC?
Thanx and regards,
Rohit
Re: Problem in run_product [message #78493 is a reply to message #78459] Tue, 26 February 2002 06:06 Go to previous message
Tamim
No, I'm not sure, why it didn't work. Maybe someone from the message board can enlighten me too!

Regards
Tamim
Previous Topic: Oracle Forms 6i Button Trigger
Next Topic: Re: Oracle Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:49:02 CDT 2024