Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Urgent !!! Web Forms Security / Forms Server
Urgent !!! Web Forms Security / Forms Server [message #78396] Tue, 19 February 2002 09:17 Go to next message
Payam
Hello to all Gurus,

I have my forms setup on the form server, which delivers the forms within our Intranet. I know that for the most part security is implemented through user authentication via password/username combination. Given my users know the name of the executable they can get to the screen for entering their username and password. Can I deny access to the form to public and have only a selected few accessing the form? Can I name the machines that can access the fmx on the server?

My guess is that there must be a server configuration / option to stop them from accessing a specific form. I know using Java within the form can do this. Is there a server option.

By the way, I am running Forms 6i, 9iAS and I have a 8.1.7 database.

Thanks,
Payam
Re: Urgent !!! Web Forms Security / Forms Server [message #78397 is a reply to message #78396] Wed, 20 February 2002 00:00 Go to previous message
pratap kumar tripathy
hi,

i do not think there is such option.

you can simulate the same by following method.
1. have a table with only one column "workstation_name".populate the table with workstation which can not use the form.
2.in when_new_form_instance check get the sid and check workstation against that table. depending on the workstation you can exit the form or continue.

i think i am pretty clear. if u still face any problem then feel free to discuss.

cheers
pratap
Previous Topic: When-Window-Activated vs. When-New-Form-Instance
Next Topic: forms_ddl problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:29:16 CDT 2024