Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Data Transfer From Oracle To Mssql using Text file.
Data Transfer From Oracle To Mssql using Text file. [message #78355] Fri, 15 February 2002 18:42 Go to next message
Mitul Trivedi
Hi,

I want to transfer my all data from Oracle to Mssql Server 2000. I hv created txt file and transfered it into Mssql using dts, But this will not solve my problem if my client doesn't hv MSSQL installed in his machine so kindly give me another way of transfering data. I can use VB and with the help of ADO i can connect two database and transfer data but the there is speed is constraint , so this will also not work for me so suggest me any other way which can transfer data from oracle to MSSQL without having MSSQL installed in client's m/c. and also this transfer should be faster.
Re: Data Transfer From Oracle To Mssql using Text file. [message #78374 is a reply to message #78355] Mon, 18 February 2002 02:32 Go to previous message
pratap kumar tripathy
one option is to create two connection to 2-database and transfer data.it is the best way i can think of, although it is slow.

other option is to create sql statement in oracle and run the same in mssql.
Previous Topic: How to find Menu and Forms related information stored in database
Next Topic: connect to odbc:XXX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 01:52:50 CDT 2024