Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Migration from Deveoper 2.1 - 6i
Migration from Deveoper 2.1 - 6i [message #78250] Mon, 04 February 2002 19:06 Go to next message
Shubhashree
What are the issues involved in migrating from Developer 200 Version 2.1 (forms 5.0 Reports3 ) to Developer 6i using Oracle 8.1.7 as the database .
Re: Migration from Deveoper 2.1 - 6i [message #78254 is a reply to message #78250] Tue, 05 February 2002 05:04 Go to previous message
Srinivas Konda
Basically you might get some application specific stadards problem, but some times you will get the following.
Just open PLLs, FMB, MMBs in 6i Designer and compile and save the file. Most of the times the coversion goes very smooth.

1). Master datail forms, master block should be a base table block. (Fix : Convert non-base table to base table block, might need to rewrite some code - forms 4.5 to 6i problem.)

2). Some boilerplate text might get disapper when you use CALL_FORM to open that form. (Fix : use prompts or display items in 6i instead of boiler plate text). -- This occurs for only few forms, do not know why.

3).pls_INTEGER data type is no more in 6i ( Fix: need to change that data type to NUMBER. forms 4.5 to 6i problem).

4).You will see some new problems, like form will freeze and kick you out from application when it is called form other forms using CALL_FORM. (Fix: Reattach PLLs and compile form (This might not work all the times))

5.Memory leakage problem etc (Fix :Select 6i with patch 4 and higher to overcome this).

6). Toolbar problems.

Hope this helps.
Previous Topic: DO YOU WANT TO SAVE CHANGES
Next Topic: Re: record has been updated by another user
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:47:06 CDT 2024