Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Not able to update a view ... Help meeeeeee
Not able to update a view ... Help meeeeeee [message #77965] Wed, 26 December 2001 04:12 Go to next message
J.Vijaya raghavan
Hi OraGurus,

I am using Forms6i and Oracle 8.1.7 DB.

I was trying to update a view which is a combination of two tables. Primary keys for the first table are date,srno and the second table's keys are date,srno,t_code. I created a view based on these fields date,srno,t_code & second table.t_val. When I was trying to update t_val I got "Unable to insert or Update records".

I searched the entire messages in this site and I tried all the suggestions given there. I tried with instead of triggers , changing the block settings in Forms etc .. I was not able to update that.

thank you,
raghavan

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Not able to update a view ... Help meeeeeee [message #77967 is a reply to message #77965] Wed, 26 December 2001 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sokeh
It is my understanding that you cannot update a view with a join condition.
A view with one table can be updated but not one with a two or more table join.
When in doubt, press the shift + f1 keys for a specific reason why you are getting the error message = "Unable to insert or Update records".

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Not able to update a view ... Help meeeeeee [message #78201 is a reply to message #77965] Mon, 28 January 2002 07:22 Go to previous message
Rajagopal
I think you need to sit with me to understand and learn further.
Previous Topic: Re: free material for oracle
Next Topic: Re: Conversion from Forms 2.3 to Forms 6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:36:49 CDT 2024