Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » BLOBs and Forms 6i
BLOBs and Forms 6i [message #77933] Tue, 18 December 2001 00:05 Go to next message
Luca
Hi
I'm currently working with Forms Developer 6i and I have to manage the upload of images from clients to the db server. I've written a stored procedure which insert a file from the db server's fs into a table that contains a BLOB field, but when I try to show'em in a form based upon that table, Forms Runtime crashes. I thought it was some kind of memory problem, but this images aren't that big (~10 Kb). Have you got any idea?
I have also another question: which is the best method to pick the images from a client machine (I'm currently trying with a WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT containing a form) and put'em into the db server (that isn't the same machine as the application server)?
Thanks in advance
Luca

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: BLOBs and Forms 6i [message #77935 is a reply to message #77933] Tue, 18 December 2001 19:06 Go to previous message
RajuKVG
U can directly use read_image_file built in to read an image from the clients system directly into a image object. And regarding form server crash, it is no where related to the form u are running. try to invoke forms runtime screen(which is available in forms installed software) and work with it.
And web.show_document cannot be used to open images from client side. As the form server will not recognise the clients file system.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic: pledit,powebuilder can't connect my oracle server
Next Topic: how to use nested tables in forms 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:35:55 CDT 2024