Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Access Collection data on Forms canvas
Access Collection data on Forms canvas [message #77829] Wed, 28 November 2001 21:45 Go to next message
Gabor Raski
Hello

I am running Oracle 8.1.7.1.1 for WinNT but my problem lies in Oracle Forms Rel 6.0.3 version- 6.5.40.210 Production .

I created a Collection object list (Nested Table and Varray too), and they work well in SQL*PLUS.
When I want to access to the data in Collections on forms canvas, I got the next error message during the PL/SQL compilation

DECLARE
my_course_no NUMBER(4);
my_title VARCHAR2(35);
v_courses RASKI.CourseList;
BEGIN

SELECT courses INTO v_courses FROM department2
WHERE name = 'History';
END;

Error 960 at line 4, column 14
RPCs cannot use variables with schema level user-defined types in this release"

How can I acces data in Collection on forms 6.0 canvases and how can I manipulate the data in Collection?

Please let me Know Immediately ,

Thank you for your time and consideration

Gabor Raski
Cheers

raski@sztaki.hu

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Access Collection data on Forms canvas [message #77835 is a reply to message #77829] Thu, 29 November 2001 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Imran
Hi Friend,

if you want to fetch a query more than one rows at a time and wants to manuipulate it then you should use CURSORS.

But i think your problem here is that you are not using %type with your variable as i can view in your query.

DECLARE
my_course_no NUMBER(4);
my_title VARCHAR2(35);
v_courses RASKI.CourseList%TYPE;
BEGIN

SELECT courses INTO v_courses FROM department2
WHERE name = 'History';
END;

your fellow,
Imran

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Access Collection data on Forms canvas [message #78996 is a reply to message #77829] Thu, 11 April 2002 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fokker
I am running into the same problem that you are having, where basically you define a collection type on the Database side, and then you cannot use that type from forms. Did you ever resolve this problem?
Re: Access Collection data on Forms canvas [message #84292 is a reply to message #77829] Wed, 25 February 2004 11:12 Go to previous message
Mahesh
Hi,

I am having the same problem. Did you find any solution? If yes, can you please post the solution.

Thanks
Mahesh
Previous Topic: System.message_level
Next Topic: d2k forms 5.0: Creating multiple items at runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:31:43 CDT 2024