Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms not commiting changes ....
Forms not commiting changes .... [message #77790] Tue, 20 November 2001 05:33 Go to next message
Ritu
I have a form with separate blocks for each different table. The first block is the master blocks based on master table and rest are all detail blocks. To Save the contents of each block we have assigned a global variable to check for the current block and then save the changes using the clear_block(do_commit).
I have a strange situation going on and need an explanation for it. In one of the detail blocks i change the value of one of the columns and then save
(In the save code, checking for the current block,calling a procedure which checks for the old and the new value of the field changed and calculates the rest of the field values from the same table as well as it calculates the value from some other table) the changes, everything works as expected. In this case it is also commiting the value calculated for someother block. But the same thing is not true when i change the value of the field again. It is not commiting the value calculated for the other table. The clear_block(do_commit) must save the changes...
I hope that i haven't confused u all ...
If anyone understands the situation, please explain it.

thanks
Ritu

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Forms not commiting changes .... [message #77791 is a reply to message #77790] Tue, 20 November 2001 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chirag shah
hi
try this
forms_ddl('commit');

hope it works

regards
chirag

Re: Forms not commiting changes .... [message #77824 is a reply to message #77790] Wed, 28 November 2001 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shyam Potnuri
Can You please explain in detail, what U R doing while saving (about the global variable etc).
Or else just paste the code so that I can better explain the anamoly U R facing.

Shyam's attempt at purchasing... Billiardsandpool.com [message #78925 is a reply to message #77824] Mon, 01 April 2002 17:25 Go to previous message
sales@billiardsandpool.co
Greetings Shyam Potnuri (198.178.8.81)

We noticed you had trouble checking out at the shopping basket at billiardsandpool.com and we wish you to know we are more than happy to help you overcome any technical issue or any concern you may have experienced not completing the transcation
Previous Topic: send mail from Form with different sender
Next Topic: inserting error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:39:04 CDT 2024