Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Order by
Order by [message #77760] Tue, 13 November 2001 07:33 Go to next message
Jay
I have a multi-record block that has a base table with customer_id in the table. I display the customer_name, which is from another table, on the form for the user and I need to order by the customer_name not the customer_id. The customer_name is not in the base table so I can't do a SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('BLOCK_NAME',ORDER_BY, 'BLOCK_NAME.CUSTOMER_NAME') for the ORDER BY.
How do I set the ORDER BY at runtime for items that are displayed in the block, but are not in the base table?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Order by [message #77766 is a reply to message #77760] Wed, 14 November 2001 17:58 Go to previous message
farooq
If you want to order you block with respect to some of the columen which is not in that table which yhou are using on the form.....

Then please add another block which is containing that required filed (order-value). So a new node will be displayed in the object nevigator then click on the "RELATION" in the new branch.....

Create a relation between the two tables based upon some table......

Hide every column of the newer table added to the form.............

Now set the order by property in following manner.....

SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY )('BLOCK_NAME',ORDER_BY, 'NEW_BLOCK_NAME.CUSTOMER_NAME')

if you get some error please reply me

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic: How to avoid inserting duplicate sequence no's, skipping no's for an updateable sequence field.
Next Topic: from pro cobol
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:23:13 CDT 2024